Air Duct Cleaning Waxhaw NC
In modern society, having a heating and cooling system is becoming a necessity more than a luxury. You need to breathe fresh air after a busy day at work. The duct acts as the pathway of the fresh air from the HVAC. During the cold nights, the furnace produces heated air that helps to warm the room. Some other times, this is not always the case. Dirty air ducts mean contaminated air in the place. To avoid air contamination, consider air duct cleaning service. But what is air duct cleaning?
What is air duct cleaning?
Air duct cleaning is the act or the process of removing dirt and contaminants on the HVAC system. Air ducts involves severe cleaning and disinfecting the pathway. Different ducts material calls for different cleaning methods. The nature of your ducts dictates which cleaning reagents should be used. The cleaning process is not an easy task, and thus, its best left to professional. There are machines and technology used in the cleaning. Without the right tools and equipment, you will be doing zero work.
Although there is a growth in technology, the cleaning methods are standards. The three conventional cleaning methods are;
- Power Vacuum or Air Sweep – It’s the most recommended method for removing dirt, although it’s expensive. With the power vacuum method, you are sure of achieving the best duct cleaning results.
- Point of Contact – The method is less effective than the power vacuum but gives desired results in cleaning ducts with less dust and contami9nat. There is the use of a vacuum cleaner and a spinning brush.
- Removing the Source – As the name suggests, this method is more of a mechanical. It involves removing the dirt using mechanical agitation.
Why is it important to clean the air duct?
There are many benefits of living in a clean HVAC system. The ducts cleaning offers the following benefits;
Leaving in a clean environment – After cleaning the ducts, you experience different airflows. You can enjoy the fruits of your investment. Clean air ducts mean breathing fresh air and quality airflow.
- Allergens and Irritants – Dirty air ducts contain more than dust. Some insects find their home in the ducts. After the cleaning and disinfecting, all the allergens and irritants have no space.
- Removes Odor – Do you smell unpleasant smells in your home? There are high chances that it is coming from unclean ducts. Organisms such as rodents urinate and pee on the duct. There is also the development of mold and algae, which causes a bad smell.
- Increase the HVAC efficiency – When the organism in the air ducts blocks the airflow, the HVAC tends to work more to heat or cool the room. With the clean air ducts, heating and cooling is efficient and effective.
- Effortless Breathing – For those who suffer from respiratory disease, it’s hard to breathe in contaminated air. Clean air makes breathing easy, even to those who have no respiratory condition.
How does air duct cleaning work?
Air duct cleaning involves the use of different tools and equipment. Some of the standard tools and equipment’s are;
- Vacuum cleaner
- Imaging device
- Access device
- Detergents and sanitizers
- Hand tools
With the right tools, the professional will first use the imaging devices to examine the condition of the ducts. The inspection helps to know whether there is a leak, obstacle, or clack. Any problem detected at this stage is documented and handled before the professional leave.
The next step involves using a powerful vacuum. The vacuum helps to remove all the dirt, debris, and dust. In some cases, they use handheld tools like a spinning brush.
The brush is then inserted along the duct to do the final cleaning. After the brush insertion, the next step involves using the vacuum cleaner to suck all the dirt and debris. After this step, all the debris and dust are removed from the duct. The ducts are then sanitized to kill any existing germs and allergens.
It would be useless to clean the air duct and leave the HVAC system. The technicians will take the initiative of cleaning the fresh air source. During the cleaning, the technician examines the working condition of the filters and recommend the appropriate action.
How often should you clean air ducts?
It is recommended to clean the air duct after every five years. The clean of the duct is mainly influenced by the climate where you live. You should consider cleaning the air ducts if there is odor smell in your room, dust particles, experience allergic reaction, among other things. Keeping the air ducts clean has many benefits.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Amazing Air Duct in Waxhaw also provides professional Dryer Vent Cleaning. Dryer Vent Cleaning is a service that is recommended yearly to ensure a safe and efficient home. Amazing Air Duct are properly trained and certified to inspect your air ducts or dryer vent for health and fire hazards. We offer several more services besides this so that we can provide you with want you need.
Air Duct Replacment
Air duct replacement service provided by us is an integral part of our integrated air duct services. We not only ensure that your air ducts are clean from bacteria, mold and dust, we want to make sure you air duct supporting the efficiency HVAC system. If one of the air ducts is damaged in some way, your air conditioner will not work sufficiently and will waste unnecessary energy.
Are You Ready To Get Your Air Duct Clean?
Our team of expert cleaner technicians are available to help you clean your air duct. Contact us today!
Take a look below at what a few of our happy customers have to say about our expert air duct cleaner.
Fill out the form below to get in touch with us!