Amazing Air Duct in Waxhaw NC also provide air duct replacement in Waxhaw NC.
Are you looking to improve the comfort of your home while reducing energy bills? You should start by checking your air duct. The role of an air duct in your home is to provide you with clean and treated air. Most air ducts last for several decades, but there comes a time when they need to be replaced or repaired.
What is air duct replacement?
Most homeowners don’t think about their air duct system because they are out of their sight. What many homeowners don’t know is that air ducts may experience tear and buildup with time. Dust build-up in your air duct reduces its efficiency and raises your energy bills.
When this happens, you need to repair or replace your air duct system.
Repairing and replacing a faulty air duct system is not a DIY project,
especially if you don’t have the skills, experience, and the right equipment.
Why would air ducts need to be replaced?
Some factors can make our professionals recommend an air duct replacement instead of repair. Here are some common ductwork problems that require air duct replacement.
- Misplaced vents – Vents are the exit point of cooled or heated air into different rooms in your home. Vents in incorrect locations may require replacements. For better performance, vents should be along the exterior wall and near the window. The correct location of vents makes it easy for you to control your room temperatures.
- Wrong size air ducts – If you have upgraded your home’s AC unit or furnace, but you forgot to consider your existing ductwork, you may need to replace your air duct. If your air duct is too small or too big, the system is likely to be inefficient and it might damage your new AC unit or furnace. When you install a new AC system, the contractor should check the existing ductwork and make the adjustments.
- Leaks – Tears and leaks are common problems with air ducts. When the problem is severe, you may need to replace your existing air duct. If the problem isn’t that severe, our professionals can easily repair the leaks and tears in your ductwork.
- Faulty return air vents – Return vents collect the warm or cold air in your room and return it to the AC unit or furnace for heating and cooling. Clogged return vents can cause airflow issues. The heating or cooling appliance cannot produce enough air, making it hard for you to achieve your desired indoor temperatures. Misplaced return vents can also cause the same problem.
Problems Caused By Poor Air Ducts.
- Inefficient AC performance – If your air duct has some issues, you might be losing 20 to 40 percent of air from your heating or cooling appliance because of leaks. The movement of cool or hot air through the wall of your air duct (heat conduction) may also cause air loss. These inefficiencies result in higher cooling and heating costs. If you are experiencing difficulties in cooling or heating your rooms yet your utility bills are rising, your ductwork may have leaks. Our experts will inspect your air duct to determine whether they need to be replaced or repaired.
- Poor air quality – A build-up of dirt, dust, lint, and/or allergens in your air duct will lower the air quality of the air you are getting from your HVAC system.
The build-up decreases the efficiency of your system and makes it work extra harder to provide enough air in your living space. If you are getting higher utility bills, your air duct may have some issues.
If you are experiencing asthma attacks and increased allergies, those are enough signs that your air duct has a build-up. Changing the filters may help, but you will need to replace your air ducts for better results.
How often should you replace your air duct?
Now that you know how important your air duct is when it comes to utility bills and air quality in your living space, you might wonder how often you need to replace them. Some air ducts can last for decades, but most air duct professionals recommend that you inspect them after three to five years. Replace your air ducts when they have leaks, dirt buildup, and when they are incompatible with your furnace or AC unit.
For more informaton about air duct replacement in Waxhaw NC Call: 704-815-3702